Thursday 9 August 2012

CBT


So I meet Giovanna- that is the right spelling of her name. She was so similar to my ex manager who I hate deeply, somehow even without seeing her I disliked her which was strange for me. The moment I had seen her, she made me realise that these have to be the seventh sense or something as I dislike her just like that. Anyhow I suppose to have CBT right, so what happened yesterday was another test. I mean I didn't have any therapy whatsoever, why I meet with her I find out when I arrived at the Right Steps.
When I came I got a test to do, so I did. Then my appointment was at 9am , she came to me at 9.07am. Where we actually enter the building together. I didn't know how to enter the building and she showed me. When she introduced herself I laughed to myself. She had a very strong handshake, squeezed my hand and I felt like she is over confident. I come into the room she asked me to sit down and explained that she will make a test to find out if I am suitable for CBT?!?! WTF, I spend an hour on the phone with a person who did exactly this same thing! The exact test ! Same questions! What a fucking waste of time and taxpayers money! It made me really frustrated , but more angry I become when she told me at the end that now she will put me on the waiting list for CBT. O I thought, this will be it, but hold on,she have told me that now after two or three weeks someone will book an appointment for me for a........ ONE DAY CBT COURSE!!!!!!! I was angry, I ask her how this could help me , she asked me what help I am looking for. I have no bloody idea, I don't really know what is wrong with me as there is so much going on, it is like a mix of disorders. And she is asking me?????


Then she told me that maybe 6 weeks after the one day course I will be able to attend the CBT therapy. I forgot to mention that she told me that this one day course is for me to have a deeper understanding what this is about. What the CBT is and if I would feel like this is for me or not, and then I can decide if I want to go for it or for something different. Hmm, now when I remind myself about it , I feel calmer. There is a point there. If I really wouldn't want to go for CBT what else could I choose? I feel hopeless and I don't feel like anyone is helping me. My medication is not the best, believe me , it doesn't make me happy whatsoever. It's suppose to make me feel better. I don't feel the difference. I think propranolol is helping, as the panic attacks are under control. Although today I had a bad pain on the left side of my chest. I was wondering if it is my heart which aches, but then I realised that someone said before if it is the heart it will hurt at the back or in the middle of the chest. Well there was something , maybe stress.

Coming back to my meeting with Giovanna, I don't understand actually what had happened. I have a letter saying that I am having one to one CBT therapy, was that it? It was one to one definitely. Sigh , I am tired with all that and I don't feel happy, I feel more frustrated how it is going now. I actually don't believe that I will get the help I need. I need to save money for a psychiatric assessment , to find out what is wrong with me  : S

Let see how it goes and I will update on my one day CBT course which I suppose to have in 2 weeks time, lovely, ha?


2 comments:

  1. wow what the hell that really sucks about the therapy... I get free CBT (government funded) therapy. I liked it at first but I find when I'm in the depths of an episode I can never motivate myself to use it. Like it works really good in the actual therapy sessions when someone is helping me do it, but the lack of willpower on my part to challenge my thinking is a problem :/ Still there are def some good things about it, if you end up being able to give it a go! totally worth trying anything, i reckon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is I will give it a try , and see how it goes. I actually received the letter which states what we were talking about on this appointment I had , It is not what I expected, why ? I think she hasn't put the important things there- important for me. Thank u so much for the comment I am writing a post about this letter if u are interested.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete